Six Steps for Making Effective Decisions
- Make sure your personal interests are aligned with your commitment to the organization
- Recognize the variety of resources available to you and your organization to assist in any of your decisions.
- Make an informed decision
- Analyze what you have learned
- Identify all of your options
- Look at your choices objectively
- Determine the outcome for all of your options
- Weigh the benefits for each one of your options
- Select your best option
- Develop an action plan
- Execute your plan
- Follow through
- Re-evaluate your decisions
- Discuss challenges and how to approach them next time
For further assistance with this or any other issue relating to your student Organization, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Activities and Involvement at (989) 774-3016 or visit UC 101.