Motivation Ideas for a Faltering Group
Questions to ask yourself when you notice your group not functioning up to its potential…
- What’s going on with my members? Are there personal or organizational conflicts?
- Is everyone challenged enough or too much?
- Am I doing something wrong?
- How can I help them see the bigger picture of what’s important for the organization?
- Personal Involvement
- Understand organization
- Be available
- Know the individual members
- Help them realize their importance in the group
- Allow for group decision-making
- Improve communication
- Group autonomy
For further assistance with this or any other issue relating to your student Organization, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Activities and Involvement at (989) 774-3016 or visit UC 101.