Promoting Registered Student Organizations
It is incredibly important for a student organization to promote their vision as well as events and programs to help educate and recruit new members. There are several tools that RSOs can use to promote their organization effectively.
- Social Media: connecting with members and potential members on Facebook and Twitter is a great way to keep them up to date about events and meetings
- Flyers: creating a flyer to post around campus and send out through email is a great way to inform people about upcoming events. To have a flyer created by Media Graphix, email them at email@example.com.
- Emails: You can send out mass emails through your own listservs as well as department and office ones.
- Chalking: Writing on the sidewalk with chalk is a great way to catch people's attention.
- Word of Mouth: Announce your events in class. You can also tell all your friends and any other organizations you're in. Ask them to pass it on. This is a great way for people to hear about cool events happening on campus.
- Announcements: Submit a summary of your event to the Student News Announcements.
- Tabling: Tabling is a great way to show people what your organization is all about. The face to face interaction can be a deciding factor of whether or not they come to events.
For further assistance with this or any other issue relating to your student Organization, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Activities and Involvement at (989) 774-3016 or visit UC 101.