Six Steps to a Stronger Team
- Practice Unorthodox Leadership: Be a leader who takes the road less travelled when it comes to your organization
- Create Symbols of Victory: To rally your team behind your vision come up with a series of visible tokens of what success will mean, also work hard to create a workplace that stimulates creativity as well as high energy and a positive mindset
- Apply the Platinum Rule: make the people who work with you feel important and treat them as they wish to be treated, listen to their suggestions and deeply understand their needs, let them make decisions
- Reward Regularly, Recognize Routinely: Praise for a job well done is the best way to develop consistently peak performing teams
- Keep your Promises and be the Model: True leadership is less about position and more about action, dynamic leaders consistently do what they said they would do
- Strive for Continuous Renewal: Top teams are constantly learning, growing, and renewing
For further assistance with this or any other issue relating to your student organization, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Activities and Involvement at (989) 774-3016 or visit UC 101.